Our Corporate Social Responsibility
Beyond its ICT mandate, MITA strives to actively support genuine, social causes.
For this purpose MITA set up a Committee, made up of employees from different departments, whose responsibility is to develop and implement initiatives that help the most needy segments of society.
Every year MITA chooses a specific segment of society whom to support. Through MITA’s and MITA employees’ financial support, the Committee is able to implement diverse initiatives to make a difference in people’s lives.
The Committee also receives and accommodates requests from Non-Government Organisations who already play a key role in society. Generally the requests received are technology-related in one way or another.
Major 2015 initiatives
The major initiatives during 2015 included monetary donations to ‘L-istrina’, ‘Malta Community Chest Fund’, ‘Puttinu Cares’ and ‘The Alive Cycling Challenge’.
MITA also contributed with the following:
- Donation of T-shirts to National Blood Transfusion Service
- Regular donation of blood
- Mentoring of disabled persons having difficulties with ICT
- Donation of office furniture to schools and organisations
- Contribution to the Volleyball Marathon organised by Id-Dar tal-Providenza
- Donation of desktop licenses to KNPD
- Donation of PCs and projector to Richmond Foundation
- Donation of laptops to MCCF
- Monetary donation to Malta Guide Dog Foundation
- Donation of laptops and office furniture to MCAST
- Monetary donation to El Camino De Santiago
- Donation of laptop to family at Dar Qalb ta’ Gesú
- Contribution during Puttinu Cares programme organised by Xarabank
- Contribution during Puttinu Cares football marathon
- Assistance to Caritas during Xarabank programme
- Sponsor of the World Blood Donors Day
- Donation of laptops to Corradino Correctional Facility
- Contribution to the President’s Fun Run
Major 2014 initiatives
Monetary donations towards the ‘Malta Community Chest Fund’ and ‘Puttinu Cares’, ‘Maratona bir-Roti’ and ‘President’s Fun Run’.
Other donations included the following:
- Donation of new and/or second hand PCs and other related IT equipment such as cables, USBs and servers to various NGOs;
- Blood donations;
- Organ donation membership;
- Donations to families and children in need, including baby material, clothes, toys etc;
- Donation of furniture to both NGOs and families in need;
- Christmas party for children residing in children’s homes
If you would like to help us help others, or you have a genuine request you’d like to submit, feel free to contact us on email@example.com